Kent logo 326x71

british tennis logo

Open_day_2017 Open_day_2017_2 slide10 slide3 slide7y slide9

Chipstead Place Lawn Tennis Club (CPLTC)

Committee Meeting Minutes

6 November 2019

 

In Attendance: David Pettitt, , Graham Moore, Peter Wade, Bradley Gold, Magdalen Fry, Shirley Christian, Pat Udall

  • Apologies for Absence

 

      Ian Hooper, Sarah Horton, Elliot Fox, Adam Reavely

        2.  Minutes of September Meeting

 

  • Minutes approved.
  • Matters Arising from September Meeting

 

-  Committee Membership - it was agreed that Andy Maiklem would be co-opted onto the committee with immediate effect following her agreement to undertake the co-ordinating role with the LTA for the club.

 

4. Policies, Safeguarding & Diversity Issues –

 

- It was  confirmed that policies  would be forwarded to Peter Bibb for uploading onto the website.

- Check that coaches have been DBS cleared  - David to check with Adam.

- Adam to review First Aid kit to ensure fit for purpose.

 

5. Membership Update - Ian

     - Ian circulated membership numbers ahead of the meeting,  227 members have      now paid their subscriptions which is marginally down on 2018.

 

6.  Finance Update - Bradley

  • The Club has been reimbursed £1042 by the water company. Water useage will be kept under review with next official meter reading due in March.
  • Club has also had £474 returned for overpayment of electricity useage. In addition the standing order has been reduced from £70 to £50 per month.
  • Insurance has already been paid for the year but this will be reviewed in 2020 to ensure the coverage plus cost meets our needs.

 

7. Coaching - Adam

 

No issues raised

8.  Maintenance - Peter.

  • Power washing the courts –All courts have been cleaned
  • Plumbing work - now completed with much improved water pressure & a new outside tap. Cost only £170
  • Path Lighting – Options for improving the lighting along the access path to the club were discussed. To avoid any problems with neighbours fences it was agreed to run a power cable along the length of the path, buried in a trench connecting to lights mounted on secure posts. The first task was to dig the trench then agree an installation date.

 

9.  Gardening

 

  • Confirmed winter working party will be held on Sunday 1 December starting 9am. Action - David will forward an invite to attend the working party to Shirley who will circulate to all members via email. DONE

10.  Website

- No issues to report.

 

12.  Social Events -  Magdalen

  - Club Dinner 29 November -  Menu for the meal at the Bricklayers Arms circulated by Magdalen ahead of the meeting was agreed

    ACTION  – Shirley to email members with menu details etc to enable reservations to be made.  DONE

   -  Xmas Drink at the Bricklayers Arms on Friday 6 December confirmed. Action Shirley to email members

  

13.  Health and Safety

 

- David ,as agreed, had produced 2 posters for display on the club notice boards

- All existing fire extinguishers will be checked and replaced if out of date.

 

14.  Any Other Business

 

- Poster for Kitchen – In order to keep the kitchen area tidy David agreed to produce a poster requesting that any used items from the kitchen are washed, dried & put away by the users.  DONE

- Dates for 2020–To be agreed at January meeting & displayed on Club notice board.

 

Date of Next Meeting

Wednesday 8 January 2020 at 7.30pm

Meeting to discuss - proposals for AGM, Arrangements for Quiz on Friday 17 January

2019 Final's Day

/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019/2019

Charity Day

Coaching1                    

Kent logo 326x71

Summer Competition

Chipstead Place           

british tennis logo

Open Day

Open Day           
facebook

facebook